Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average number of students in a class?
- The average number of students per class is 21 students. Teacher aides work in classrooms in grades Preschool through Grade 5 allowing for small group instruction.
What are the qualifications of the teachers at Saint Rose?
- Saint Rose School has 32 faculty and administrative members who hold two doctorate degrees, thirteen master's degrees, and seventeen bachelor's degrees.
What are your educational standards for curriculum?
- Saint Rose School exceeds the standards set forth by the Ohio Department of Education. Our school is also fully accredited by the OCSAA (Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association).
Do you have to be Catholic to attend Saint Rose School?
- We welcome children of all faiths. At Saint Rose, we treat every child as a gift from God made in His own image. Families of any faith who want their child to excel academically in a Christian environment should consider Saint Rose School. All students have daily religion class and attend weekly Mass. If you have any questions about Catholicism, we encourage you to contact the school office to learn more about our faith.
What hours is school in session?
- Classes begin at 9am and school is dismissed at 3:30 pm. Students may enter the building at 8:45am (or earlier if they are using our morning care program).
When should I register?
- Registration begins in early December. We encourage you to register early, particularly if you are applying for one of our preschool or kindergarten programs. Many classes fill early.
What CYO sports and extracurricular activities are available at Saint Rose?
- CYO Athletics include Cross Country, Soccer, Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Basketball, and Track and Field. Extracurricular activities include Children's Choir, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Math Counts, and Quiz Bowl.
Is bus service to your school available?
- Bus transportation is provided by the local Board of Education who determines eligibility and bus routes. Currently, the following school districts provide busing to Saint Rose School when their school is in session: Perrysburg, Rossford, and Eastwood School Districts. School districts who do not provide busing will offer a tax rebate to families. Current information and specific busing information can be given by your school district's transportation department.
Do you have a before or after school care program?
- Yes, we have a morning care program that begins at 7:00 am. On inclement weather delay days, morning care is canceled. If there is a scheduled delay, morning care still begins at 7:00 am.
- We also offer an extended day program on days that school is in session. This is a great opportunity for our students to grow academically through homework help, and enrichment activities. In addition to academic support, our after school staff will have fun games, sports, activities and exploration projects set up for the students.
Do students wear uniforms?
- Yes, all students in K-8 wear polo or oxford cloth shirts, shorts, and pants. Girls have the option of wearing uniform pants or our school plaid jumper & skirt. Our school plaid is easily found at Schoolbelles and Land's End. Specific uniform guidelines can be found in our school handbook. Spirit wear and gym uniforms may also be purchased through JupMode Supply. Gym uniforms are not required for Kindergarten.
What are your preschool or Kindergarten program offerings?
- Half day and full day preschool classes are available, serving children ages 3, 4, and 5 years of age. A full list of preschool offerings can be found on our Preschool page.
Do we have to be members of Saint Rose Parish?
- No, any family may attend Saint Rose School. The tuition rate is the same for parishioners and non-parishioners.
How does Saint Rose promote a safe learning environment for its students?
- All entrances to the building are locked to protect our students. Guests visiting the building must contact the school office via intercom to be buzzed in. Hallways and entryways are monitored via camera by our school staff and security company.
- All teachers, staff and volunteers have background checks updated quarterly, complete a protecting youth course, and agree to a protecting youth/expectations policy.
- Our school counselor meets with classes to discuss being a good friend to others. Kindness to others is also continually reinforced in our daily religion classes. The school office has an open door policy so that we may be proactive in addressing any concerns.
- At dismissal time, students are escorted to their bus or car rider pick up line. The students are dismissed by family at the pick up line. Student safety is a top priority for us as we are entrusted with many students who are all precious gifts from God.
Are student scholarships available?
- Our parish and school families generously contribute each year to our Annual Fund and Sponsor a Student Program. We feel that every child should be able to attend Catholic school, and we encourage any family who may be eligible to apply. Scholarships and Financial Aid are determined on a need basis by applying through SmartTuition at https://aid.smarttuition.com/
- A scholarship is also available through the State of Ohio for those students entering Kindergarten - 3rd grade. More information is available at the Ohio Department of Education.
- While SCRIP is not a scholarship program, many families earn tuition credit by buying gift cards through the SCRIP program. Additional information can be on our SCRIP page.
The best way to learn about our school is by scheduling a school tour. Please contact our office at 419-874-5631, and we would be happy to show you all that Saint Rose School has to offer!